A few months ago I found this yummy recipe for Greek Marinated Chicken. I don’t prefer chicken thighs like the recipe calls for, so I substituted thighs for boneless skinless chicken breasts. I changed a few ingredients and the end result is a deliciously marinated chicken breast that I serve on a Middle Eastern Flatbread with grilled veggies and sliced tomatoes. What’s better is you can purchase all of the ingredients at Trader Joe’s, which makes shopping for this meal a BREEZE!
- 3 boneless-skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 TBSP Olive oil
- 4-5 cloves of frozen garlic cubes or fresh garlic cloves (I buy these lifesavers at Trader Joe’s)
- 3/4 TBSP dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (stems discarded), roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes on the vine
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Middle Eastern Flatbread
- 1 package Frozen Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Tahini Sauce
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Tzatziki Creamy Garlic Cucumber Dip
- dried oregano, to taste
In a large bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, yogurt, pepper, dried oregano, salt, and fresh chopped parsley and mix well. Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and pound flat. In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, add chicken and top with marinade. Squeeze the chicken breasts around to be sure each breast is covered with the marinade before closing the bag. Let the chicken marinade for AT LEAST an hour (I like to put my marinade on first thing in the morning which makes the breast way more flavorful.)
On the BBQ (or even on a grill pan if you don’t have a BBQ or have to cook indoors), grill chicken until temperature reads 165 degrees. Slice chicken in to strips.
In a pan with some olive oil, saute bell pepper/onion mixture until cooked through. While peppers and onions are cooking, slice tomatoes.
Warm flatbread in the microwave about 10-20 seconds, or on the stovetop. Spread tahini sauce on the flatbread. Add tomatoes, grilled veggies, sliced chicken, feta cheese and sprinkle with dried oregano. Top with tzatziki and serve!